Earn Scorching HOT Yields With ZERO Risk

1. Jim Stroup says:

Scottrade never heard of Merrill Lynch Preferred Capital Trust IV Shares. Now what do I do?

Alan Gula

Alan Gula Reply:

It looks like the identifier is MERpE: http://research.scottrade.com/qnr/Public/Stocks/Snapshot?symbol=199417

2. Doyne Kasten says:

Can’t find the symbol MER-PE on Ameritrade.

Alan Gula

Alan Gula Reply:

The identifier on TD Ameritrade is MER-E: https://research.tdameritrade.com/grid/public/stocks/overview/overview.asp?fromPage=overview&display=&fromSearch=true&symbol=MER-E

3. Bo says:

Where do you think/expect that the price of that
    “perpetual” pfd will be when the ten year treasury goes
    to 4%?

Alan Gula

Alan Gula Reply:

Great question. A common concern with perpetuals is interest rate sensitivity. Keep in mind that in 2007, 10yr Treasury rates reached 5% and the price of this perpetual security was also around $25 (7% yield).

4. Warner says:

This really does appear to be a terrific answer for my IRA accounts in today’s sideways volatile market. Does anyone know of any other high yielding investments with such a low risk? Thanks

Alan Gula

Alan Gula Reply:

http://quantumonline.com/ is a great resource for information on preferreds and other income investments.

5. Patricia says:

Dear Lou,

MER-PE sounds terrific for my Roth account. However, if BofA acquired Merril Lynch, how do we get hold of it? Schwab does not seem to recognize either the symbol or the name. Thanks for your help.

6. Gilman says:

I can’t find Merrill Lynch Preferred Capital Trust IV on eTrade. But I do see MERRILL LYNCH PFD CAP TR III TOPRS 7% which is very close in price and dividend yield. Is it the same stock, different name?

7. brett says:

I can’t find this with any of the permutations of the symbols or the name above on the Vanguard site.

Alan Gula

Alan Gula Reply:

8. Charlie says:

I can’t find it on Fidelity…
    Can someone help, please?

9. Donna Cohen says:

I spoke to a broker at Schwab yesterday and he told me that these Merrill preferred do not exist and may have been called. Shame on you for giving me shoddy information!

Alan Gula

Alan Gula Reply:

Shame on your broker. This preferred has not been called and 17k shares traded yesterday.