Thanks for visiting Wall Street Daily. We encourage you to comment as much as you like. But we do have a few guidelines.
First and foremost, realize we put considerable thought into our content before it makes it online. All we ask is you do the same – “think” before posting any comments.
Your comments should be informative, engaging, on topic and brief. (Constructive criticism and/or respectful debate are always welcome, too). But if you can’t do any of the above, do us a favor and spare us the comment.
Here are a few other rules of the road:
- Use common sense when posting a comment. You, and not us, are legally responsible for your comments.
- We moderate comments on this site. We reserve the right to ban you from posting comments if you repeatedly violate our comments policy.
- We will NEVER censor or edit the content of a comment. We will only edit obvious errors in the e-mail or website provided.
- We will NEVER delete a comment or ban someone based on a point of view or your personal feelings towards our website or any of its editors.
- Please post on topic. If you have a question or response that is off topic please e-mail us.
- Providing a contrary opinion is great. But comment in a way that is respectful of other users. Abusing users in any way will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason.
- Avoid foul language. Or we’ll delete your comments immediately… and ship you a bar of soap for that potty mouth.
- Spammers will be deleted and banned. We reserve the right to determine what is spam. In general, however, if you are using comments as a forum to sell your products or services, you are spamming. If you want to advertise on our website, please contact us.
- Links to on-topic external sources are encouraged.
- It goes without saying (but we’ll say it anyway) that links to off-topic websites will be deleted.
- Promoting hate of any type will get you deleted and banned.
- Do not pretend to be someone you are not. For example, posting under our site name will get your comment deleted.
- Provide a valid e-mail address! It will never display anywhere on the live comment and will never be used by us or anyone else for anything other than a unique identifier to file your comment in our database.
A note on filtering: We filter all of our comments through the spam filter Akismet. Occasionally valid comments are thrown into the spam folder. Our apologies for that but it’s a necessary evil so we don’t have to moderate 10,000 pieces of spam each week. We do review our spam folder once a week for false positives.
If you have any additional questions, please leave a comment below.