The Second-Hand Smoke Problem

1. John Rickell says:

I’m very sorry you had that experience, but what did you expect? You sound like it was your first concert, I’m sure it wasn’t. Just be glad they weren’t doing the drugs like molly and all the other synthetic crap out there. Marijuana will be legal one day, so get over yourself and deal with it or watch the concerts from the comfort and safety of your home.

ericd Reply:

I wonder if the anti tobacco lobby will likewise stay home and keep their mouths shut…. somehow I doubt it.

wayne ellis Reply:

I agree with John Rickell yes they act like the drug seen was a thing of the past but I’m sorry you had to go through what you did but when it all boils down its about respect and doing unto others……sorry for your nite.

2. Rick says:

This is exactly what the politicians want. A dumbed down, no sense of reality, gullible population who are appeased by laws that allow them to indulge in behavior that distracts them from the truth. Our country is being run by the pot smoking hippies that hated “the man” and now that they are in power are doing exactly what they were protesting during their cannibis infused “love ins”. Hopefully they are too stoned to vote and will miss Election Day.

3. Faith says:

I am 70 years old and have never touched pot. What I don’t understand is why they want to outlaw cigarettes and make pot legal. Seems to me one is as bd or worse than the other. My youngest son smoked pot, still does unfortunately, and believe me, it IS a gateway drug. When the pot didn’t give the high it once did, he went to cocaine or anything else that would do the job. He turned into an entirely different person. He can’t keep a job, has been to prison for burglary to support his habit and will never be a major contributor to society. I am so ashamed of him and I blame it all on his first time use of pot. His older brother is straight as an arrow and never smoked pot either. There was no help for addicts back in the 70’s and he nearly od’d a few times and came close to killing himself. I told the doctor when she told me I had to do something about it that it was a pity he didn’t manage to kill himself. I was and am sick of having an addicted son. His children have suffered due to it. His oldest daughter uses drugs and has lost her son due to it. I hate the stuff and wish to goodness they would not legalize it. It is harmful to you.

wayne Reply:

I also am over 70, and I have grandchildren who smoke pot, or did smoke pot, depending on their present situation. Both have had trouble with the law because of drugs. The problem with pot, is we don’t seem to be winning that fight, and we have the prisons full of pot smokers who are even more dependent on us there than if they were outside. In my judgement, pot is less harmful then alcohol, and should be dealt with in the same way as alcohol. I have known several people who smoke the stuff, and still maintain a normal life. They do not belong in prison any more then the occasional drinker who takes a drink to relax in the privacy of his own house. Having said that, I do not promote the use of pot are alcohol, but l do think those that do, deserve equal treatment under the law.

3.0CSi Reply:

Spot on. Wayne. The War on Drugs has wasted huge sums and achieved little other than overfill prisons with harmless people and generate fine profits for the owners of private prisons.

4. Mary says:

Ha! Let one of those people light up a cigarette, and security would have been all over them. Sorry to hear your night was ruined. I think I would have bailed too.

vine Reply:

I was about to say it to lite up a joint but not a cigarrette

Randy Reply:

Yea, I agree, let someone light up a legal cigarette. I find the title interesting though about second hand smoke. I lived in a house with a bunch of younger people once, all smoked pot but no cigarettes. Come time for the random drug screen at work, I asked about second hand smoke and explained to them about my roommates. They said that it is not possible for anyone to get a second hand contact from pot. These are the same people that are on the cigarette second hand smoke wagon. I think libs are just retarded.

5. Sprit of 76 says:

According to the Surgeon General smoking is bad and cost millions in medical bills, so how is smoking pot with all of its side affect not dangerous, would some please explain this or is it the fact that everyone in DC is a junkie dope pothead with a DEAD-DEAD-DEAD brain?

6. DollyT says:

This is why we have those Drug Cartels in Mexico
    as well as here. This stupid habit began the original
    dumbing down of America and should remain Illegal.
    Dopers are the roots of crime in our population.

7. Ken says:

WOW-What a bunch of crap!! To the concert goer, was it an outside venue? MOVE to another spot and still enjoy the concert.
    FAITH- your son is just like the rest of the human population. Do not blame POT for his short comings. MANY very successful people smoke on a regular basis. Your son could not handle life. Found an avenue to suppress life. Life is hard, even when you smoke. If it was legal his kids would not have the legal and finance problem.

Alcohol is the gateway. Lowers your inhibitions. Pot dealers are juts that dealers. They have other drugs that they expose there client to. They try cocaine… the dealer wants MONEY. If it was legal the only things people could get is POT. Not the hard stuff that is a HUMAN SUCK. KILLS people and makes them a criminal. Law enforcement should work on the METH,COKE,HEROIN….. this is what is the KILLER.

8. Timothy OLeary says:

If you can’t handle the heat get out of the kitchen. Surely there must have been another spot in the venue where you could have stayed of of the smoke unless you were in an enclosed environment. My friends and I have always said “Once a square always a square”. I am retired and just like a lot of my friends we have enjoyed the pipe for many years. It is an over blown myth that all pot smokers are losers. Like most of my friends, we raised our children and worked and smoked our way through our careers.
    I built a nice pension and savings, retired early at age 60 and still imbibe.
    Thank God we all survived and still enjoy each others company, as often as possible.
    I’m glad also that these performers are still around to enjoy and hope to see them again the next time they are nearby.

9. Denver Kitty says:

Pot IS the Gateway Drug. I’ve missed many fine concerts because I knew what was going to be there…POTHEADS. It saddens me that American citizens are so disheartened with reality that they feel the need to ingest pot and other drugs. We’ve got to keep pot illegal, and stiffen the fines for use and sale. I’m in Colorado, and I can tell you that I don’t want to drive on the same roads, shop with them at Walmart, or sit down to a meal at Burger King with them. God help us!!

10. John says:

One thing that the pundits of marijuana keep leaving out is that it is a hallucinogen. It makes you see and feel things that aren’t real. I don’t think it has any place in open society. Especially around our children. They require a pure environment to grow and flourish.

jmerts1 Reply:

Oh please, I know of not one person that has ever hallucinated from smoking pot. If they were mixing with other drugs, maybe. Where are you getting your info from ?

11. Bear says:

“with Chardonnay in hand”… I rest my case!

12. Kathryn Wix says:

All those liberal minded folks would be the first to scream for the PC police if you had lit up a Marlboro but seem to think there is nothing wrong with lighting up pot. Once again they speak with forked tongue.

13. G13Man says:

We thank you for your money for attending our concert 🙂
    we will light one up for u all afterwards .

14. Uncle K says:

I think like tobaco

DocV Reply:

But you write like dope.

15. Uncle K says:

I think like cigarette, it should not be smoked in public places. If a person want to smoke let him do it where it will not affect the rest of us.