Are 3-D Printed Guns a Cause for Concern?

1. Dave says:

What’s to stop a criminal from printing a gun? The cost of a 3D printer is what?
    Just for a basic model printer large enough to handle the liberator is about $5000.00. Add to that the cost of a PC, the software and the correct material (media) to print the gun and you are over $6500.00. Its much cheaper to obtain a regular gun, either legally or illegally.

2. Billy Warden says:

It would appear to me that since Obama has opened our border so anyone that wants to enter our country can do so without any problem, therefore, we will need our guns more now than ever for protection, we don’t know who will be crossing our borders. I would also think that the reason Washington wants gun control is because they are afraid of the people.

3. Free Man (NOT) says:

Since all federal gun control laws are in fact unconstitutional, I support Cody Wilson and hope his instructions and those of others to follow get very wide spread circulation.

4. Charles Miller says:

Once more, the problem in America is NOT the Constitutionally-protected right to keep and bear arms. We DO NOT NEED more gun control laws — there are over 23,000 federal, state and local gun laws ALREADY in USA, most of which go unenforced. The problem is those who are undermining the Constitution every day on a hundred different fronts, and those who have no respect for the law in the first place.

As for the so-called “printable handgun,” that genie out of the bottle. The technology already exists, and you can BET that it’s already in the wrong hands — namely, organized crime. No amount of federal law is going to eliminate the technology, okay?

But WHO do you think will be using the “printable handgun” for criminal purposes? It will be people who use every other kind of firearm and jack-knife and baseball bat for criminal purposes… CRIMINALS, those who have no respect for ANY of the millions of laws you invent and throw at them.

The only purpose of MORE gun law is to further erode the RIGHTS of those who DO obey the law.

5. Steve Lunsford says:

I support Cody Wilson and hope this 3D printing advances to the next level. There is always a threat that criminals will have an advantage if the government gets involved, but at the same time we all know if we law abiding citizens can carry firearms crime goes down. I don’t like the metal making it legal. The second Amendment already covers our right to Arms. This is very cool.

Paul Stewart Reply:

I voted no but it recorded my vote as yes . It must be RIGGED POLL.

6. Bill says:

What is scary is all these, America hating Nitwits that want to trash the constitution, especially the 2nd amendment At least 30% of our congressman, swear to uphold the constitution, and the first thing they do when they get in office is start trying to trash it. These people are traitors and should be hauled out of office in handcuffs, tried for treason and executed by firing squad. Some example of the traitors are Diane Feinstein, Dick Durbin, RahmBo Emanuel, Nanny Michael Bloomberg, obama etc..

7. Bill says:

How long does it take to get moderated?

8. Bill says:

What is shocking about the poll results, unless you mean the 23% that voted yes.

9. Bill says:

10. Jim Dye says:

As a person who grew up with firearms in the home and parents who made sure I didn’t do something stupid with them, I was wondering what the “scary” “cause for concern” actually is. I just hope Mr. Wilson doesn’t get injured during the development and testing phase of his unique firearm. The liberal fear mongering propaganda machine needs to shut up and go home.

11. will says:

Where is my comment/

Talley Ferguson Reply:

I have known many dig a ducts and just all around what would be considered dangerous people. I don’t know any who could afford the printer and the ton of software needed to do this. A criminal usually has a stolen gun or a cheap gun bought by a friend or patent. Get real. I personally would not want a fun that will explode when it’s shot or could explode. Go away gun control idiots.

12. David says:

I think this publisher is reactionary and obviously anti 2nd amendment which leafs me to believe it has no interest in upholding the Constitution. Thank goodness there’s so many true Patriots in this poll which I don’t find shocking in the least. If you don’t find the basis on which this country was founded acceptable, find another country that does and så trying to change this one. I’ll be undiscovered Street this post.

13. johnHancock says:

I question the poll. It was a YES or NO question and when I got the answer back , [ i vote NO] it said that I voted ” no, the congress should outlaw plastic guns” . Looks like a twisted political skam again to get poll results that will shut it all down and take away ANOTHER right to make the paranoid libs happy. EVERY American that is not a crazed liberal should be issued one of the guns for protection.

14. mike says:

i believe in 2nd amendment but if a 3d gun is used to hijack a plane or kill someone then they need to be banned and who ever makes one good or bad gets 10yr plus or more if caught i love guns i own 2 1 is a FN Five Seven with 15 20 round mags and a fully auto Scorpion EVO yeah the evo is illegal but it wont be used by me until the Apocalypse whatever that is so i think 3d weapons are wrong